Sunday, January 01, 2012

New in 2012

I have a new found love.  This is my Rowan Project to knit along with all of you who are entering in our Knitters Choice Event.   Head on over to http://www.ravelry.com/events/knitters-choice-event-sponsored-by-rowan and get signed up.  Lot's of you were in Serendipity today getting your yarn.  I will not be in the drawing for those wonderful prizes but I still wanted to knit right along with you.

Robin and I are going to knit lots of mittens this year.  We will be knitting 12 in 12.  There is a group on Ravelry which I joined and this is my first pair.  My goal is to become better at color knitting.  My first step usually is to get a book and start reading.  The book I now have is Selbuvotter--Biography of a Knitting Tradition.  I wish there was a class close by I can attend.  If any of you know of one please PM me on Ravelry. 

Let me just say that I can't put down these projects.  I just love to watch it happen right before my eyes.  There will be lots of mittens being made at my house this year.  Maybe some hats.  I have been bitten by the bug for sure.  Happy Knitting to all of you in 2012.

No comments: