Thursday, February 23, 2012

Downton Abbey vs Starwars

 I wanted to wait to blog about my R2D2 knitting adventure--you had to see the photo's of Keenan (our grandson) wearing it.  He has been asking for this hat almost every time I talk to him on the phone.  I promised I would make one for him at Christmas.  I am not the best color work knitter but making all those mittens has helped.  So I just dove into the cotton yarns (K can't wear wool) at Serendipity hoping to find a color that is close enough to R2D2.  I must of passed that test because he didn't call me back saying R2D2 was never that color Nana!!  I have themed this year  "knitting for others"  and let me tell you I love it.  As you can see Keenan is very happy with hat.
I have never been in a Knitting Swap before but I was in the right place at the right time to be picked as one of the 52 people to be in The Downton Abbey Swap.  I did my home work this morning looking for Edwardian/ Victorian patterns.   I  found my knitted mitten and bracelet pattern.  I scored as it is the original pattern from a book published in  1880.  Now the terms will take me a bit to understand.  It has some color work and there is no chart.  Wish me luck.  I chose this picture because I just love the head butler Mr. Carson and William.   Who is your favorite?  I can tell you who I don't like but I will let you guess. 

1 comment:

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

I love Downton Abbey! How lucky to be chosen for that swap. Sounds like fun!

Love the robot hat and I bet he does too!