Tuesday, October 04, 2011

I love the smell of sheep

 My new friend Mary whom helped us all with our spinning.  She helped Becky so much that she owns that wheel she is learning to spin on.  Becky welcome to a new world of fiber.  You will never go back. 

 My dad is a retired sheep shearer.  It was fun to watch these little guys get hair cuts and remember when I was the wool stomper.  That meant standing in the bottom of a 10 foot bag tromping on the fleeces until I could climb out.  Those wool bags weights 400 pounds (I think) when I was done.  Dad I wish I would of paid more attention to all your fiber knowledge--I am learning it now.

These little guys were so cute I just had to take a picture.  Now to look at all my fiber purchases and get started on what I want to spin.  It was a great weekend in Taos.  Can't wait till next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember tromping wool too! It was really fun until my legs got tired :) At least you are learning about fiber and you've found something you are passionate about - it makes my heart so happy to see you loving something like this.

Laura said...

baaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa