Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lost Your Mittens????

I have chosen my next project and guess what??? It is not a sweater, I do know I need and want to be able to read my knitting when doing lace. It will be a challenge to this knitter and I have to admit I welcome them. I do wear my mistakes like a badge in the items I have knit because it is part of the project and the new techniques I learn. When I wear my green cable sweater just ask me and I will tell you a little story about someone very special to me. I am sure you all have items you have been knitting and can remember specific things that were going on in your life while working your way through life one stitch at a time. We just received all this new sock yarn which will be just what I need to knit along with Laura when she starts the lace shawl knit along in October. Now to pick a color, that should not be to time consuming I would hope.
I love this lace weight yarn from Prism and am going to pick my two colors tomorrow (only if I get all the notions put up) to knit this wrap. There is a beautiful jacket that Toni is knitting out of this yarn also, we hope to see that on her needles very soon. Maybe this week at Saturday morning knitting she will have it started. Stop by the store from 10:00 to noon, and join our community of knitters. Fun will be had by all for sure.


Jeanette got the "Pick of the litter" when Pat stopped by with these mittens her sister is making out of recycled sweaters. Joan and I are still trying to decide which one's will go home with us.





No comments: