Monday, August 02, 2010

New Frog Tree is coming


Liz, our rep from Frog Tree, Pagewood Farms, Annie Adams, Jul and Fibre Company spent most of the day with us here in Buena Vista. There will be new washable Meriboo and the Seamless Short Sweater pattern shown above arriving at our locale along with 24 exciting colors of Picaboo sock yarn and patterns. We are already dreaming up new ideas to knit with these beautiful fibers.  We are also looking forward to some lovely yarns from Pagewood and shawl pin, buttons and more from Annie Adams!


Debra finished this lace shawl with the Kauni yarn. Debra and I spent some time today visiting about the crochet classes she will be teaching this fall. The Serendipity staff is comprised of talented knitters and crocheters who will be teaching a variety of classes - more info to come on classes soon.



I know it rained cats and dogs today and is warm enough for short pants and tee shirts but Mr Claus and his elf helper stopped by for a short while. We have patterns for these now so you can knit your own Mr. Clause and elf. The Christmas stocking are coming in kits or you can purchase one of two patterns with 3 different stockings in each. These are designed by Arnhild Hillesland. She hails from Norway and owns Arnhild's Knitting Studio in Iowa. We also have her translation of Selbustrikk - Mittens, Gloves, Socks, Knee Highs, Hats, Scarves. A Collection of Traditional Selbu knits by Rauma Ullvarefabrikk.


Here is my finished circular shrug in Berroco's new yarn Weekender. There are still a number of colors for you to choose from. I enjoyed knitting this for very special lady who just happens to be my favorite daughter!! Tomorrow while working I will be looking at all the new yarns to pick my next project. With so many new books and yarns arriving daily I am having lots of trouble deciding (as I said earlier ). Come by and have a cup of coffee with us. See you soon, Mikki














3 comments:

~ calista ~ said...

Psht - I'm your only daughter and you spoil me far too much. It looks gorgeous!

I love that you post pictures of all these yarns! I have no idea what I would do with any of them, but it's really neat to drool over all the colors and textures!

Kim said...

Hello. Lovely shrug. Can you tell me the pattern name or link? I am in Canon City; I'll have to come visit you sometime soon!

Mikki said...

Kim, I knit for our daughter who lives in Californa and she now has been wearing it and loves it. The pattern is a free one off of Ravelry---Textured Circle Shrug. Come see us soon, on the 16th we are having a great time in the store. There will be lots of new yarn there for viewing. Come on by and party with us.