Monday, November 08, 2010

Artist of the Week

Ann is our artist of the week---She has been working on this wonderful vest and it has been fun to see it take shape and be ready to wear on the first cold day.

What inspired you to knit your project??
I love to buy yarn when I travel, and I especially look for yarn that is local to the area. I found this yarn in Fredericksburg TX. The vest just seemed to be what the yarn wanted to do.
What kinds of crafts do you do?
Mostly just knit, although one of current projects is a crocheted afghan.
How did you learn to be so crafty?
My sister decided to teach herself to crochet during one summer visit at our grandparents house in Iowa. I followed suit and knitting was the next logical step. I'm totally enamored with the variety of color, weight and texture that knitting offers.
Thanks Ann for being our artist of the week---knit on.

No comments: