Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Number Six







Less than a week ago I started knitting this"Old Way Gansey" designed by Ann Budd. Our first granddaughter was born during this time so I got lots of knitting time while staying at our son and his wife's house. Today I am in hopes of some great time spent watching movies and knitting on this. The person I am gifting this sweater to (Ryan) just married my niece. They will be living in Alaska so I knew a wool sweater would get lots of use age up there. The Ella Rae yarn is a delight to work with and I loved this color way--Chile Pepper. In two more weeks they will be returning from their honeymoon so I best quite blogging and get my needles flying. Oh, I also started reading Knitting Ganseys by Beth Brown-Reinsel. These sweaters have quite a history. Tami, if you are looking for this book it is at my house :) Happy knitting.



No comments: